Last spring I bought 6 wooden crates, sanded and painted them, and lined them with a sturdy plastic on the inside four walls. Next, the bottom of the crates were lined with burlap pieces, to keep the soil from escaping between the slats.
They have looked sharp, streamlined and homey on my balcony all season.
- Wooden crates
- sturdy plastic (bags or tarp)
- tacks and hammer or staple gun
How to make
- Sand crates as desired
- Paint crates with primer
- Add first and subsequent coats of paint, as desired
- Allow paint to dry
- Tack or staple plastic liner to inside walls
- Tack or staple in burlap bottom liner